Subscribe!

Plastic Positive, What is it?

Did you know that July is Plastic Free Month? Yes it is, but really every month should be! That is one reason why I L🌎VE Crunchi!


🌎One of the things about Crunchi that aligns with my values is their passion for the planet and that they are a Plastic Positive company. What does that mean? 

🌎Most companies are plastic negative. Some plastic neutral.  But Crunchi is to sustainability and environmentally conscious packaging. That means if any plastic is used (such as caps/pumps on products) it is very minimal - BPA/BPS & phthalate-free, recyclable plastic.

🌎Did you know?  The beauty industry creates 120 billion units of packaging every year, 91% of which is not recycled. The packaging is the number one contributor to plastic production in the world and offender for plastic waste pollution. In 2015, research found that packaging accounted for 161 million tons of plastic every year. That is a problem.  

🌎 Crunchi is focused on being part of the solution to the plastic problem. Crunchi does not use any plastic as the primary packaging. When plastic is necessary for secondary components like caps and pumps, they use BPA/BPS & phthalate-free, recyclable plastic.

🌎The types of packaging Crunchi uses for its products is:
Glass 38%
Paperboard 24%
Aluminum 5%
Plant-based 5% (that is plant-tastic!)
Paper-wrap 19%

🌎They are also partnered with Cleanhub. Through Cleanhub, Crunchi has partnered with Tridi Oasis, a female-owned company based in Indonesia to collect plastic in their region. 20% of the plastic collected is recycled into fiber for apparel or packaging materials. The other 80% generates power from the plastic waste to produce cement powder.

🌎So the bottom line is there is Zero waste!  A good example is body wash.  Crunchi has the Body Bar (which is amazing by the way) and it is wrapped in recyclable paper that is biodegradable, which equates to Zero Waste!  Most people use liquid body wash that comes is heavy plastic that is clogging up the planet. The switch is easy, not to mention the body bar is the best thing I have ever used in the shower. It smells good, there are no fillers, just pure ingredients such as activated charcoal that removes toxins, orange and tea tree oil that rejuvenates and removes bacteria and fungus and jojoba seed that exfoliates your skin and leaves it so so soft.

🌎Great news: Through Sunday, July 26 you can buy one, get one half off!  And one body bar is huge compared to other soaps and lasts on average 3 months!!!  


 🌎You can find a link to the flash sale here:  lynxinbio.com/shirleyreul 

Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Leave a comment